Pages

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Punkin Curry Soup

I know it's been a while. I've been lazy busy!

I'll get a pic of this later. I make it all the time



Brandee's Punkin Curry Soup

1/4 of a medium sized kabocha squash, peeled or not, cut up into 1/2 inch cubes
2-3 c. water or stock
1-3 TB good curry paste from an Asian market (I use http://www.amazon.com/Mae-Ploy-Thai-Curry-Paste/dp/B000EI2LLO I get it from Ranch 99)
1 tsp Coconut extract - or 1 small can coconut milk
1 stalk lemon grass
1 handful fresh basil
1 fresh lime
1-3 cups cut up additional veggies, tofu, chicken (pre-cooked) or fish to your taste such as:
cauliflower, zucchini, bell peppers (any color), mushrooms, tomato, pineapple, turnips... whatever is clever

Add squash to water or stock and set it to boil until tender (20-30 mins). Add curry paste. Remove some of the cut-up squash and set aside. Use an immersion blender (or regular blender) to make a thick soup base from the remainder of the squash and liquid. Reintroduce the cooked squash to the soup and add the coconut extract/ milk, more water/stock if needed, 1 stalk lemon grass cut up, additional veg / meats.
Allow this to come to a low simmer and cook until your veggies are done enough for your taste (I let it go another 10 mins).  Right before serving, add a generous handful of fresh basil and allow to cook for 1-2 more minutes. Squeeze fresh lime juice into your bowl right before you eat.

So freakin' good!

Eric's dinner: more of the same! Although, I did try out a new (bottled) pasta sauce on him that was a rose alfredo with tomatoes in it.  He says, "I didn't hate it" which means this is something he would eat again.  Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment